Monday, November 19, 2007

Kitchen Update

As of last night we finally have a countertop, sink and dishwasher again! Well, half a sink...one side is not hooked up because the new garbage disposal still needs to be wired. There's still much to be done, but the cabinet doors start going in today! I'm going to hand distress the edges so I hope I don't screw it up. I tested one door Sunday night and at 2:00am got so excited with the result that I ran into the bedroom to show Jasen. He was less than enthused but I guess it was 2:00am.

Maybe one day we'll be able to upgrade to stainless steel appliances...it'll be a LONG while before that ever happens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone would be real enthused at 2:00 in the A.M.! I know I definetly would not be!
When do you guys sleep if your keeping those kinds of hours?

The countertops and stuff look real nice. Look like an awful lot of hard work went into the preperation. Wish I could be there to lend a hand.

Jennifer Walker said...

Hey Jenn & Jasen. It looks great so far. I can't wait to see the finished project. I'm with you. I love granite & stainless. Unfortunately we didn't get either with our house, but I like to dream about a renovation.

I still record the show every week, so I guess I'll get to see it all play out on TV too.

Anonymous said...

Well Dad...let's just say I look like crap and I feel like a zombie from not sleeping!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the kitchen is coming along great! You'll have to send the crew to my house next...little bit of a road trip, but I'm sure no one will mind.
By the way, you've never looked like crap a day in your life little sis!
Love ya!!