This week should be pretty interesting around our house. And by interesting I mean we started a kitchen makeover project on Monday that was put on hold just before Mila was born and now we will be without countertops or a kitchen sink for several days...
The show is covering the project so things will move a bit slower than normal so they can capture the remodel process on tape. I wonder how many meals I will be serving in the living room this week? Or better yet, how many times I will have to wash dishes in the bathroom?
Had to move some stuff into the living room...
I hate our current kitchen. Why we never made changes to it when we moved into our house is still a mystery. Biggest reason I hate it - everything appears to be a bazillion years old and just plain ugly. Another reason - the previous homeowners put up a mirror backsplash. So tacky! It gets better. We had to tear out the backsplash (yeah!!) and discovered that the previous homeowners had put it up with double-sided foam tape!
Like I said, things should be interesting...especially since the living room is temporarily functioning as part kitchen, dining room, living room, home office and playroom. Yikes!
Doesn't look like much progress but actually the countertop, sink and all cabinet fronts have obviously been removed. Cabinet modifications/additions were made around and above the stove area, the valence over the window was taken out, everything has been removed from the cabinets and the holes from the old cabinet hinges have been filled. Next we prepare to paint, which means lots of prep work on the cabinets/walls and lots of late nights for Jasen and I.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Kitchen Chaos
at 11:26 PM


2 comments:
Wow when you say chaos, you mean CHAOS! I can't wait to see the end results, it's going to be beautiful from what you've told me.
Hang in there with the chaos!
Makes me wish I was down there with all my tools!
Post a Comment