We're 36 weeks and I can barely believe we have so little time left before our little one makes her debut. I'm anxious and excited all at the same time!
I had my 36 week appointment on Friday. Baby's heartbeat sounds good and strong! We're down to weekly appointments, internal exams and the wonderful Group B Strep test that I should have results for by the next visit. The doctor also wants to do an ultrasound(saw a different doctor today)...I've been measuring small all along just as I did with Ava, but this time I'm even smaller (they measure fundal height from pubic bone to top of uterus) and as a precaution they want to do an ultrasound. If there were a "problem" he says there is nothing I could do differently and it is by no means a result of anything I could've done. He said I'm gaining weight just fine and everything else looks good so it could just be that our little one is in fact just small and possibly really low in my pelvis. Since my cervix is still closed they can't tell much more than that without an ultrasound and possibly some non-stress tests of the baby.
There are a range of "if this, than that" scenarios, but it could also be nothing to worry about. I made the mistake of looking his terminology up online so now I'm just trying to be positive. Let me reinforce that we have every reason to believe that our baby is healthy. My doctor said he believes everything is fine and that this is just a necessary precaution. However, if she's not getting everything she should be from the placenta she might be better off outside the womb. If everything checks out okay we'll continue as we have, possibly with additional ultrasounds.
We won't know more until the ultrasound, which they rescheduled for Tuesday.


0 comments:
Post a Comment