We actually had a pretty busy July 4th. Tuesday we got hit with an incredible amount of rain in a very short period of time and even had some funnel clouds in the area (I think some were calling it a micro burst or a gustnado rather than a tornado). Due to the storm, Ava's daycare was on standby with the kids so she didn't get her afternoon nap. She didn't miss it UNTIL we got her home. By 5:00 that evening she was at her crib trying to climb in it (with blanket and bear in her arms) to go to bed for the night. She was miserable - didn't even want to eat dinner she was so tired. I've already read that developmentally not to mention physically, many babies aren't ready for just one nap until maybe 18 months, but often it's much later than that. This is so true for little Ava. She went to bed early and all I could do was hope she didn't wake up at 3:00 or 4:00am. If she went to bed at 5:00 every day I would never see my own daughter with my work schedule. The good news is it was just because of the storm, but seeing that she couldn't function on one nap we made sure to plan the 4th around her naps even more so than usual.
After breakfast this morning we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Lingle's for a couple hours. They had set up a new play area for Ava with a cool sandbox and pool!
Ava fell asleep on the way home after about two minutes of being in the car. Later we headed to Rick and Michelle's. I was prepared to leave for nap time, but for the first time ever I actually got Ava to nap somewhere else besides home or Grandma and Grandpa's. She loved Taylor's new Strawberry Shortcake themed room. As usual she had a blast playing with the kids. Every time she saw Taylor drink from her cup she would grab hers. Since they have a covered patio area we were able to spend some time outside even with the showers. I kept her inside when the guys decided that blowing up a watermelon was a good idea. Men and fireworks...
By the way, didn't Jasen do a good job picking out Ava's navy striped dress for the 4th? He took her around looking specifically for an outfit for the 4th. It was adorable. He told Ava "we need to get you something that Daddy has picked out. Mommy and Grandma are always picking everything out - now it's Daddy's turn."
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Happy 4th of July!
at 10:59 PM


3 comments:
Very good job on the dress Jasen! Ava's adorable no matter what, but the dress is very cute.
Any fireworks for Ava this year?
I think most if not all in our area were cancelled because of rain. She got to see the older kids play with sparklers but she was so tired from playing she fell asleep just before 8pm anyway. Maybe next year.
Yeah, it's tough at that age. I don't think we started going to the fireworks until Justin was 6! We'd buy some and let them off at home in the backyard. Justin was terrified of them anyway! He'd need to sit in the house with me as far from the window as he could possibly get, but still be able to see them a little bit. Now he loves them...go figure!
It was freezing here, big surprise, we needed pants, coats, blanket, you name it we had it on to stay warm! We've been averaging a toasty 60 degrees for the last week or so...Summer is when? I think we missed it.
Post a Comment