Friday, June 22, 2007

OB Appointment - 24 Weeks

I had my monthly OB appointment today and things are looking great with the new baby! Jasen is able to feel her kicking and punching more frequently now so it's been fun. I'm measuring 22 weeks, but I think I measured about two weeks small with Ava my entire pregnancy too and she was perfectly healthy. I finally gained some weight (4lbs.)! I'm so relieved about that. I was starting to worry for awhile there.

And, FINALLY, I have a more noticeable belly .Yeah!! It's funny how women dread gaining weight any other time but when you're pregnant, or at least when I'm pregnant, I can't wait to be big. I guess because I can rub my belly, feel the baby move and be proud of my baby belly.

Jasen and I try to talk about the baby and babies in general around Ava, but at the same time we don't want to confuse her. Plus (as expected), the pediatrician says that at Ava's age she won't fully comprehend that there is a baby in mommy's tummy (uterus) so the main thing is to involve her after the baby arrives so she feels a part of everything and feels important - as she should feel. That's just common sense though.

Ava was just as excited as Jasen and I were when the new baby bedding arrived so that was cute. And, one day this week when I picked her up from school I walked in to find her sitting next to a crib in the room watching one of the small babies and making him smile. It was adorable and I just know Ava is going to be such a good big sister.

0 comments: