Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lil' Sis - Week 22

Ava's little sister is getting stronger and stronger and has had some pretty active evenings lately. Jasen and I still can't agree on a name. At this point, I come up with them and he shoots them down, but we've still got time. Just like her big sister, this little one also seems to enjoy it when I read to her or play music for her.


Here's what WebMD has to say for weeks 21 and 22:

The fetus is steadily gaining fat to keep warm. Growth rate is slowing down but organ systems, like digestion, are continuing to mature. A waxy film, called the vernix caseosa, is being produced by your baby's oil glands and covers the skin to keep it supple in the amniotic fluid.

The muscles are getting stronger every week now, and the eyelids and eyebrows are developed. Your baby's acrobatics are pretty constant, and since she responds to sound, rhythm and melody, you can try singing and talking to her. After she's born, the same sounds will soothe her.


0 comments: