At exactly 7:54pm a year ago today Ava Sharon Lingle changed our lives. And for the better I might add! Every day since there has been a little something extra in our lives. My baby girl is growing up so fast and will soon be big a sister.
I remember going into to labor like it was yesterday. Every time I would move from sitting to standing I could swear I felt a trickle yet the on-call doctor doubted that my water had broken. I remember telling Jasen "I think this is it," but yet I just told him to go to bed and get some sleep because I'd need him later. Boy was that an under statement. Looking back, it's quite a feat to have gone from 6:00am on May 29th until 1:00am May 31st without sleeping, let alone to have given birth. Ava was definitely worth every second! Quite honestly, I never remember feeling physically tired during that time. Mentally tired at 7-8cm yes. I remember being relieved when it came time to push because it was such a different sensation then the contractions I had been feeling for hours on end. After Ava was born, but before I could hold her I immediately looked at Jasen and said "Why isn't she crying? I want to hold her." It probably took all of 3 seconds for them to suction her but apparently that was too long for me. 

This past year has been an amazing journey and as Ava has grown so have Jasen and I. I can't wait to see what's ahead.
As you can see from the pictures Ava had a great time celebrating her birthday at home and absolutely loves her little motorized Vespa! She rode the Vespa for awhile and then decided to go back and forth over and over from her new teepee to her coloring book...I guess she couldn't decide which was more fun.

She also destroyed her cake - and I mean cake flying all over the kitchen. It was hilarious. She started out poking at it, moved on to folding it up then took big clumps and started flinging it everywhere. Now that's how you eat cake!


1 comments:
Happy Birthday Miss Ava!!! Wow a year....really?!!! That flew by way too fast didn't it?
It looks like she had a lot of fun with that cake. Did Kaila get to clean the floor?
I'm so amazed my niece is already a year old, Rob and I were talking about that last night, how we can't believe another year has gone by. Ava is a year old, we celebrated 11 years on the 25th, our "baby" is 8 already...where does the time go? We've been so busy with the new piece of land, the boys in baseball, Rob's had 2 weeks of 10 hour days, and I'm working overtime because of graduation, that time is just screaming by right now. Thankfully school is out as of today, **YEAH**, (you have to imagine me doing the happy dance) so things will finally slow down for the summer. It couldn't have come soon enough!
Anyway...I'm rambling, I'm glad Miss Ava had a good 1st birthday, I'm so glad I at least got to see the pics! Keep your fingers and toes and any other available appendages crossed about the job and hopefully we'll be on your doorstep come February!!
Give Miss Ava a big hug and a kiss from her aunt Katee!!
Post a Comment