Monday, April 30, 2007

11 Months

11 Months...oh my gosh my baby girl is growing up! In one month she will be a toddler...how do I stop this!? Just kidding. We're having so much fun.

Ava's personality continues to come out more and more each day. She's on her way to walking and is saying five words that I can think of: daddy, mama, dog-dog (duh-duh), kitty cat and baby. She only says baby on occassion and I think she actually said "Booh-Bah" yesterday when it was on TV in the background. This morning I swear she said "toast." She likes to whisper "kitty cat" (ki-ka). I think this is because the majority of the time she sees the neighbor cats in the yard and doesn't want to scare them away.

Those of you who get to see her often know that she loves to point. And, not just while looking at a book...I mean at EVERYTHING. She wants to show you everything and she wants you to tell her what everything is too so she points. I don't think she goes anywhere anymore without her arm and pointer finger outstretched. She even points at random people, including those in wheelchairs in the grocery store. It's fun to say the least.

Her newest favorite thing to do, besides play with magnets on the refrigerator or put things in containers and take them back out, is to brush her teeth. Now that she has two bottom teeth and one snaggle tooth on top it's no fun to put my finger in her mouth and use the little finger brush so we had to upgrade to a toddler toothebrush she can hold herself. She pretty much just chews on it so I brush them first, but boy does she have a temper if you take it away before she's ready.

She has been able to understand "no-no" and follow simple instructions for several months but now she will even shake her head at something first instead of doing it when she knows she's not supposed to touch something, etc. Very cute.

0 comments: