Ava is going to be a big sister!! Jasen and I tried for years to conceive Ava and now while I was still taking birth control, still nursing and hadn't had a period since Ava was born...we're pregnant again! And, without any fertility assistance this time. I'm sure you can guess from what I've said that this came as a HUGE surprise. We weren't trying so we were both in shock at first but we're definitely excited (and a little scared). Two little ones so close together is going to be challenging but it's going to be a blast regardless and I'm sure very rewarding.Originally my OB guessed I was 5 or 6 weeks along. They did an ultrasound to get a more accurate look at fetal age and it turns out I am already 8 weeks along! They're projecting a due date of October 15th. Which also means we should be able to tell the sex of the new baby around the beginning of May.
Since I'm still nursing my estrogen levels are higher so my morning sickness has been minimal. Unfortunately when the nausea does get bad it seems to be either late afternoon or early evening so I either don't feel like eating dinner or I do eat and then I feel awful. Oh well, this part will pass soon.


4 comments:
Oh my! I can only imagine how shocked and blessed you must feel. Congratulations!!!
What a Suprise! But to us Grand Parents it is always a blessing!
Life will take its course, Nature wins again! Congratulations!
It's funny how things work out. Sometimes you just have to wait and wait and other times not so much. We're so excited!
Whoooo hoooo!!
I'm so excited for you guys. I thought it would be easier for you guys to get pregnant the second time, but wow, that has to be record breaking speed!
After this little bundle of joy is born you two just might need a chaperone. Ha ha ha! No, you'll be too tired to even think, so you should be good...for a little while...
Seriously though, congratulations you guys, Rob and I are really excited for you. What fantastic news!
Jasen, it goes without saying, you take good care of my little sis. Thank you. But back to back pregnancies can be rough on the mommmy, so help Jenn take it easy? I'm a worry wart big sis I know, I know. I think distance makes it worse! I apologize in advance for the next nine months.
Okay, back to being serious again, I'm thrilled for you guys, as surprised as you might have been, you deserve the ease of adding to your family this time around. I can't wait to find out if it's a brother or a sister for little Miss Ava. Let the excitement begin!
Post a Comment