Ava brought home a nasty virus from daycare (when is she not sick?)...and so now we all have it or are at least all sick anyway. Last night she went to bed at her usual time around 8pm and two hours later woke up throwing up in her crib and then all over me on and off for about two hours. We were both completely covered in it. I ended up sleeping on the floor in her room so I could get to her quick in case she woke up to get sick again. Standing there in the middle of the night, covered in puke and smelling like barf with my child in my arms looking up at me so helplessly I realized just how hard it is to see your child like that but also just how much I love being a mother.
Beware, symptoms of the nastiness viral infection so far in 2007 include:
- unbelievable nasal congestion
- excrutiating sore throat
- cough
- runny/stuffy nose
- headache
- body aches
- vomiting/upset stomach (for Ava)
- pressure in the ears
- fever
- diarhhea (for Ava)
The sore throat feels like strep but it's not. The rest feels like a combination of the flu and a sinus infection. Wretched.


0 comments:
Post a Comment