Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Upside

Ava was the youngest in her daycare class (now there's one little guy younger than her) so she has had several babies to watch and learn from. I think this has proved to be the only upside to daycare, but I must admit she's getting off to a great start socially. And she's already pulling herself to a standing position when placed near furniture.

The funny thing, and somewhat alarming if you're there to witness it, is that when she pulls herself up to standing she screams her head off when she realizes she doesn't know how to get down. She definitely has a temper! She's getting better though and will eventually plop on her butt, but the first time she did this she was in her crib and had just woken from a nap... I was in another room but had the baby monitor on. I had never heard her cry like that before so I thought she was hurt or something and ran into her room not knowing what to expect...there she was standing her crib for the first time, clutching the edge and looking terrified...poor baby. Usually she wakes from a nap and I hear her talking and playing in her crib and go get her, but not this time.

Oh and I think Ava is taking after her daddy in that she is almost always talking. Unless something really has her attention, if that happens then she'll soak it in for a little while and then resume to her chatter box self.

0 comments: