Ava baby is having a tough time. She has yet another ear infection and we've been referred to a pediatric ear, nose and throat doctor who will probably want to put tubes in her ears. Her ears are draining fluid like they are supposed to, but because her ear infections are chronic and return within days or maybe a week (if we're lucky) of stopping an antibiotic they think we should see a specialist.
Because the bacteria causing the ear infections can build resistance to the antibiotics they wanted to try a different one today. I was told it was stronger but tasted the worst of all of them. Getting any medicine into Ava is a big ordeal now and nearly impossible so I asked if they had an alternative to the 10 day dose of oral antibiotics and they said they could give her a shot. I hate to give her shots but the prick is quick and the pain so temporary compared to how miserable she is with the pain in her ears that it's worth it in the long run. She will feel better faster, but she does have to go back for one more shot tomorrow. Maybe two. I really hope its not two.
Monday, January 29, 2007
Poor Baby
at 6:10 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment