Thursday, December 21, 2006

Double Whammy

Sorry for the lack of posts...I came down with a sinus infection and strep at the same time so I've just been trying to get myself and Ava feeling better.

The good news is babies are very unlikely to catch strep. But unfortunately I found out today at a follow up appointment for Ava that the new antibiotic the hospital put her on is not strong enough so not only is the ear infection not better its now in the other ear and worse. Its not contagious and surprisingly she doesn't have a fever anymore but she's still not eating solids and is still irritable (and she has every right to be). I'm told she won't be completely clear from all of this for at least two weeks. The new antibiotic (yes, a third one) should help improve her symptoms.



Ava is usually so happy and content and never really fusses so its really hard to see her feeling so bad. She had been sleeping through the night for months and now since she's been sick she's waking up at least twice a night so on top of not feeling well, she's exhausted from not sleeping well. Her mood has been up and down but the pictures are of one of her better evenings while feeling poopy. She really is one tough cookie to put on a happy face, even if its short lived, when she's feeling so crummy.

0 comments: