Ava had her sixth month check up yesterday. She did great but was restless since we had to wait on Dr. Roberts to get back from the hospital. They gave her shots (3) and took some pictures of her eyes to check for developmental problems, lazy eye, astigmatism, etc. We won't get those results for 4-5 weeks but I'm sure everything's fine. Ava is now 15lbs. 8 oz. (50th percentile) and 26-inches long (between 50th and 75th percentile).
Dr. Roberts gave the okay to give Ava table food as long as it's very very mushy. She said we can even try meat but would have to grind it up and may have to add water to it to get the right texture. She advised not to buy the Gerber meat foods because "they smell bad and are disgusting." Have I mentioned I really like our pediatrician...
We're not going to rush into table food just yet, we just started baby food as it is and need to watch each new food she eats for allergic reactions. I'm looking forward to letting her share in the Christmas dinner though. Maybe by then we'll have introduced her to a few table foods.
We're also trying a sippy cup. Dr. Roberts says breastfed babies typically take the transition straight from breast to cup well, even if they have had some bottle feedings. Right now I think Ava thinks the cup is a new toy but she does drink a little at a time. By nine months I imagine she'll be a pro with a cup.
Friday, December 01, 2006
6 Month Check Up
at 7:07 AM


0 comments:
Post a Comment