It seems like our baby girl is always sick...She's picking up every cold and illness from daycare. I knew she would get sick more often from being in daycare but I didn't think it would be back to back. I guess since I don't know anyone that had to take a six week maternity leave and put their child in daycare at such a young age I don't have anyone to compare notes with. If we could've afforded for me to take a longer maternity leave I would've without question but now I'm left feeling stuck and like I'm a bad parent because I couldn't and now my baby is sick all the time as a result.
She's got an ear infection now. I hate to see Ava feeling bad and while its up and down with this ear infection it still breaks my heart. I guess that's what happens when you put someone completely new to the world around zillions of germs from other kids who've had years to build up their immunities. Ava---she has no immunities, she's brand new to the world! Three months old and she's had two colds and now an ear infection in both ears! All the congestion from the cold she got from daycare led to the ear infection and she can't be at daycare with a fever...its a never ending cycle. And who decided to make nannies so expensive anyway? If I could find someone to do it, I swear I'm so close to offering room and board to someone in exchange for childcare at home.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Both Ears
at 6:34 AM


1 comments:
It gets better, honest. Look at it this way...when kindergarten starts, she'll be immunized to all those germs. Kyle wasn't, and he ended up with endless ear infections, countless strep infections, numerous cases of bronchitis, which all led to a fun case of pneumonia, which ended with mono...all in kindergarten. He missed 45 days of school total. It was pure hell.
So there is an up-side to daycare if you look at it that way. I wish we had exposed the boys to a little more before public school. Once they start school, they bring home every germ in town.
And you're not a bad mother! You're a great mother, doing what is necessary to care for, feed, and clothe your child, all while giving her the love and nurturing she needs. Pat yourself on the back!!
Post a Comment