Saturday, July 08, 2006

No More Stump!

The cord stump finally fell off! The pediatrician had to put some silver nitrate on it to speed things up...a day later no more stump! As you can see by the picture we were more excited than she was. Jasen hated that thing so it was very fitting that it fell off when he was cleaning it. For some reason Jasen is still deciding whether to keep it or not so it's sitting in a plastic baggy looking all nasty for now...

3 comments:

Jennifer Walker said...

Jack's took about 5 weeks to fall off too. I know this sounds weird, but my Mom buried it. I'm not sure the reasoning behind it (I looked it up and saw references, but didn't see a reason for the tradition).

Anonymous said...

It's kinda gross, but the more I think about it the more I want to save it. Afterall, it bound us together for 9 months.

Anonymous said...

That totally reminds me of the movie "Meet the Fockers"!! She kept his foreskin though...not quite the same...
I kept a lock of hair, first tooth, first blanket, first outfit, first stuffed animal...I have a whole box of firsts! Each of the boys has a box along with a first year album, and then I had to switch to a family album. All those albums were time consuming. I am doing a school days album for both boys, it goes from K-12, has a spot for each years picture on the cover, and pockets for papers, report cards, etc. I have mine that mom did and I love looking back at the things I did, how I wrote, all that stuff. Hopefully the boys will appreciate them someday too.