Thursday, June 29, 2006

Poop Happens

With our first diaper blowout I stood at the changing table, looking down at Ava and wished I had instructions for how best to remove an outfit without covering my child in poo. I thought "what the heck am I supposed to do now?" It was all up her back, on her outfit...this was nothing compared to the next blowout.

The second time it happened we were out shopping and I realized it couldn't wait and I had to change Ava in the back seat. I failed to notice some poo on the underside of her dress so every time I wiped or moved her to clean her up, poo would end up on her arm, her leg or her abdomen...I kept thinking "what is going on here?!" Plus the back seat has a slight incline so any slight move on Ava's part and she slid to the back. Finally, I got her cleaned up and headed for the nearest restroom to wash us both up. Good thing I had some hand sanitizer and a change of clothes for Ava.

Yesterday was a new one though. Ava had fallen asleep in her papasan and when she woke up from a short nap I went to change her. Just as I placed her on her changing table I noticed poopy on the front of my shirt...she leaked through her diaper and pooped on me! It wasn't just a touch of poo either, it was a huge smear all over the front of my shirt! After we cleaned up I checked her papasan and there was a clump of poo there too, now that's a lot of poop!

I doesn't seem to matter which brand of diaper we use either, poop just happens and apparently so do leaks. One of these days it'll be Jasen's turn though...

0 comments: