Jasen and I had not been out to eat since before Ava's birth so we decided it was time to see how she would do in a restaurant setting and headed out for a Mexican lunch. Maybe I should say it was time to see how Jasen and I would do with Ava in such a setting. I forgot the camera but Ava did so great! She was awake the entire time and content just looking around and listening to everything around her. When the staff started singing to someone at the table next to us she looked completely intrigued. Shortly after, she let us know she had had enough of her carrier seat so I held her while trying to eat until Jasen finished his lunch and took over. She must've just wanted to check things out from a different angle and be held by her mommy and daddy because then she was fine again.
With a newborn that nurses quite frequently and who had so much trouble with it in the very beginning, not too long after we brought Ava home from the hospital, I realized I had to start using my left hand to eat otherwise I'd never eat. If you've ever seen me use my left hand for anything you know that it's as if that hand doesn't belong on my body or something because it's so foreign to use it independently of my right hand. I'm getting better at it and although I look ridiculously awkward using my left hand food has only missed my mouth a couple times. Surprisingly I haven't dropped any food on Ava's head...yet.
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Out to Lunch
at 5:16 PM


1 comments:
I did the same thing Jenn! Oh my God...it must run in the family! Sorry Andrew, but the rest of us are not so gifted with the left hand.
Post a Comment