Thursday, June 22, 2006

Baby Bjorn

Jasen and I have been slowly trying to get Ava used to the baby bjorn carrier. The only way to successfully "wear our baby" is to put Ava in it when she's asleep, otherwise she gets quite an attitude. And not just a wimpery fussy attitude but an all out "get me the hell out of here" attitude with lots of shrill screaming.

She did pretty good in it at Target the other day, but Ava likes to have her hands close to her chest and face and I made the mistake of putting them off to her sides...I quickly learned that 1. you cannot have a conversation with your husband when your baby is in your face screaming and you can't even hear yourself think and 2. the baby bjorn is not an exception to Ava's rule of hands and arms need to be close to chest and face.

I don't think Ava is supposed to be facing outward in the baby bjorn yet but Jasen was determined to let her look around...her eyes were closed the entire time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had one of those too...I forget the name of the one we had, but we put the boys in it facing us until they could hold their heads up by themselves, and then turned them around facing out so they could see the world. I loved that thing, hands free, what a great invention!