Thursday, April 20, 2006

Week 34

Thirty-four weeks already! Sometimes, when our baby is resting I don't even really feel like my body has changed. I can still do everything I could do before including sit on the bathroom vanity Indian-style to do my makeup in the morning but then other times, like when I have to roll out of bed, climb into bed or my belly bumps into something I'm quickly snapped back to reality. I think Jasen has become very amused by my awkward moments. Of course I can't help but laugh either.

Here's what WebMD has to say for the week:

Your baby measures about 19.8 inches from head to toe and weighs about 5 pounds. Baby is probably settling into the head-down position, although it might not be final. Organs are now almost fully mature, except for lungs, and the skin is pink instead of red. Fingernails reach the ends of fingers, but toenails are not yet fully grown. Baby might have lots of hair. Movements are less frequent because of the tight fit.

Mom-to-be:

Your uterus hardens and contracts as practice for labor, known as Braxton Hicks contractions, but you may not feel them yet. Your pelvis has expanded and may ache, especially at the back. Uterus is pushed hard against your lower ribs, your rib cage may be sore, and your navel is probably pushing out as a result of your abdomen being stretched.

I get excited when I feel the Braxton Hicks contractions. Sounds weird, but I know my body is preparing for birth and the more of those I have, hopefully, the easier my labor will progress - this is what I read anyway.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great Jenn!
Yeah, those awkward moments are great aren't they?
Are you dropping things all over the place? I was really clumsy in the last trimester...even more than normal!