Friday, March 17, 2006

In the Clear!

Just got my lab results back from the 3 hour glucose tolerance test and we're in the clear! My body did not react well to the test and they wouldn't let me leave until I started feeling better so it was a long morning. I've been worried all day because of the way I felt. I guess I have a sensitive system or something, because I passed two of the blood draws, was really close to failing on the third and failed the fourth draw. Overall, I passed but was told I will be checked again later in the pregnancy to make sure my blood sugar is in check and that diabetes is not setting in. WHAT A RELIEF!!

I'm pretty positive baby Lingle has had her share of sugar for at least a year now! Although I felt terrible during the test, I swear our little girl was practicing gymnastics or Taekwando in there. She was kicking and making my belly look so funny during the first two hours that it really seemed like something out of a sci-fi movie. The 96 year old woman next to me was very encouraging and the reclining chair they had me in was comfortable so I was able to get some work done in between blood draws.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you passed Jenn. Hate that you have to drink that sugar drink again. Your little girl may be born ready to drink sugar-laden Kool-aid.