Saturday, February 25, 2006

Week 26

I'm a litte behind on this post but the good news is I'm feeling a little better. Let's hope it stays that way.

Here's what's happening with baby Lingle this week from WebMD:

Your baby measures about 9.2 inches from crown to rump and weighs almost 2 pounds now. Its hearing is fully developed. As the fetus reacts to sounds, its pulse increases. Your baby will even move in rhythm to music. Lungs are still growing but are not yet mature. Patterns of your baby's brain waves appear like a full-term newborn. It also has patterns of sleeping and waking.

Mom-to-be:

The baby's constant movements should be reassuring. You'll be putting on weight at the rate of about 1 pound per week now. You may be feeling some rib pain as your baby grows and pushes upward on your rib cage. The pressure may also be causing indigestion and heartburn. You may even be feeling stitch-like pains down the sides of your abdomen as your uterine muscle stretches.

One good thing about being sick, if there is such a thing, is that with all the resting I was able to feel the baby move constantly. Jasen and I are pretty sure we felt a foot kick and glide across my belly yesterday. She's definitely getting bigger and stronger! Sometimes her kicks are so strong she makes my hard belly look like jigglin' jello.

0 comments: