I've been addicted to the show Survivor since it first aired and every year something makes me say, "I'm not watching this show anymore." It hasn't come to that yet but man those people look so emaciated. Baby Lingle and I are charging into our third month and are happy to be healthy. I read an article that daddy-to-be could have some nausea and may even gain some weight himself. It's become so common they've given it a name - couvade. Maybe I should ask Jasen to weigh himself too.
Here's what baby Lingle is up to this week courtesy of webmd:
Congratulations! Your baby is now officially called a "fetus." It looks a little like a medium shrimp, measuring 1.25 to 1.68 inches from crown to rump, and weighing a little less than two-tenths of an ounce. You might be reassured to know that most physical malformations, when they occur, have occurred by the end of this week, so the most critical part of your baby's development is safely behind you. But other developmental processes, such as those affecting behavior and intelligence, will continue throughout pregnancy. Eyes are covered by skin that will eventually split to form eyelids.
Our little lima bean has graduated to shrimp...I also read that at this age, baby Lingle would be able to grab an object if it were placed in his hand and is now "breathing" and urinating.
Here's what's happening with me from babiesonline.com:
This is the week where you may begin to show every so slightly. Your abdomen may begin to pooch out, but it will be more from bowel distension than the uterus. Ready or not, your waistline is slowly disappearing. As your blood volume increases by 40-50 percent, you will begin to notice veins on your breasts, legs and tummy more easily. Don't worry. These usually subside shortly after delivery.
Thursday, November 03, 2005
Week 10
at 8:43 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment